Tuesday, April 12, 2011

it has been a while...

It has been a week since I last posted! I am on a every Tuesday cycle and I fail to get another post out during the remainder of the week!

This weekend was busy though so I have a bit of an excuse. We worked a hockey event and were going from sun up to sun down…well, even past sun down! It was a good weekend but I am so busy, there is really no time to be on the computer or any social media for that matter! Plus, I took any free time opportunities I had to read the new book out by Matt Logelin. I have been reading his blog since spring 2008. His wife and him are from the MN and now live in LA. She passed away the day after his daughter was born and has since been blogging about his feelings, his insecurities, and his joys. He is a great writer, and now has written a book. Needless to say, it is even better than the blog! I have been hooked and only cried once or twice! Check out his blog if you get a chance…www.mattlogelin.com. Or buy the book! I recommend it! You can also donate money to the non-profit he has set up to help other individuals who have become widows and their families. Click on the yellow link to the left of my page for more info!

In other news, I am down 22.5 pounds. I am very close to losing 10% of my starting weight! I have been a bit more lax in my counting but I am making more of an effort to actually measure (not eyeball) and track everything I munch on! I have run a few 5k’s since actually participating in the St. Patty’s 5k race around lake Calhoun. I am enjoying running a lot, I am just having to work with my shins as sometimes, they are not on the same level as me!

No comments: