Tuesday, April 5, 2011

family and chocolate

Last night, my brother came over and it was a perfect evening! We had dinner with D. Lo and my hubby, made some delicious treats, and went for an outdoor workout/run! It was so nice to just hang out and talk and really just banter like the good old days!

We also made these delicious Mock Moon Pie Cookies that were featured on a blog I read! You can find the recipe here!

http://danicasdaily.com/mock-moon-pie-cookies-2-points/















I made two batches. The first were a bit of a mess so I adjusted my process a bit. 1 tsp. of peanut butter and fluff proved to be a bit much so with my second batch, I spread a thin layer of peanut butter on the crackers, chilled them, spread a thin layer of fluff and chilled them again prior to dipping in the chocolate. I also found that I needed to melt more chocolate for how many I made...I think I made around 40 and needed a whole bag of chips (I used Ghiradelli chocolate chips).

I have been storing them in the freezer and can atest that they are wonderful right out of the freezer! In addition, Danica features a recipe with out the fluff for a Mock Tagalong cookie! Both are 2 p+ so I say bring on the fluff!

So that was my night last night. Dinner, treats, and my family!

No comments: