Tuesday, March 1, 2011

church and cookies

This weekend, on top of my wonderful food splurges and rockstar running, I got to experience something else totally cool! My college roommate, and one of my best friends, was giving a sermon at her hometown church. Since I was up in Moorhead and only 45 minutes away, I decided to get up early and I met my other two college friends, Kelsey and Alyssa, so we could all watch Emma together.

In a few words, Emma did amazing! It was such a wonderful sermon, and I loved sitting there, in a good old Lutheran church, listening to her enthusiasm for life, God, and the African culture. Emma’s sermon was a reflection on her time in Africa with the Peace Corp and how in a place so far away, she was able to feel right at home. She talked about bird watching, something she did in her hours of free time, something she found peace in.

It was also so wonderful to see a true family of God. Emma’s dad is the Pastor at this small town, Minnesota church, and her mom sings in the choir. How cool to span the front of this church and see this family, all playing a different role, but with a common goal, to spread the word of God and his presence in their life. It was a neat experience, and I just wanted to share it with all of you!

P.S. Shout out to Mary Kay! You rocked those polka dot stockings! Us Auggie ladies thought you were one hip momma!

P.P.S. Try these cookies! They are so fricking amazing, a great size! (bigger then most cookies!), and only 2 points per cookie!!!!!

http://shannonskitchencreations.com/2011/02/21/low-fat-banana-oatmeal-cookies-2-pts/

No comments: