Sunday, May 8, 2011

food!...

Ok, so the Banana Muffin Recipe I shared with you earlier, I calculated it again and it came out to 4p+ per muffin. I think people have various point values for two reasons. One, the recipe tracker adds up the points for each individual item and divides it by serving from the point total. I think other people use a calorie counter which totals up the calories and gets a point value from that. I think that is generally 1 or 2 p+ lower but to me, both ways are valid. In addition, I am not really one to fuss over point value! 1 or 2 here and there won’t hurt too bad…just punch it out at the gym!

A recipe I made using the WW recipe calculator, and the recipe on a back of a McCormick Meatloaf seasoning packet, came up with 4p+ Meatloaf Muffins. These little babies are amazing! So delicious! And by using lean turkey, you can get these down to 3p+ Meatloaf muffins! Since I am all about the beef, here is my Meatloaf muffin recipe!

Muffin Pan Meatloaf

PointsPlus™ Value: 4
Servings: 12

Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 30 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients

1 packets Meatloaf seasoning, dry mix
1/2 cup(s) fat-free skim milk
2 item(s) egg
1/4 cup(s) Progresso® Bread crumbs Garlic & Herb Breadcrumbs
1/4 cup(s) ketchup
1/4 cup(s) chili sauce
2 pound(s) raw lean ground beef

Instructions

Mix all ingredients together except the ketchup and chili sauce. Evenly divide the meat into 12 muffins. Mix ketchup and Chili Sauce and evenly spread on top of muffins. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes! Check to ensure they are done. Enjoy!

No comments: