Sunday, September 9, 2012

Welcoming fall, and a moment of Pride...

This has been one crazy summer.  It started out rocky, and honestly, that is the main reason I took a break from blogging.  There were some changes that needed to happen, some decisions that needed to be made, and honestly, my ankle really effed with my my mood.  I fell into a funk that I never would have imagined would come from such an injury.  I finally decided that I needed to refocus and work on loving life like I usually do.  Once I made that realization, things really started to take a turn for the better.  It is ridiculous how much our moods can dictate our day to day routine.

So the latter part of July and August have been a blast, and I am looking so forward to the fall.

As I wrote earlier, we moved in with D. Lo.  We also decided to buy a new to us car!  LOVE IT!  We finally settled in, and things are falling into place, and that's a nice feeling.
We enjoyed our annual camping trip to Ely with another lovely couple.  It really was a much needed, insanely relaxing and active weekend all rolled into one.  I love that we do this every year.  Ely has become our little niche in this big world.  

The weekend after I took in a music festival with two friends from college.  We had no idea what we were in for.  We camped in an open field with an insane amount of hippie/hipster/grunge kids who did a lot of crazy ass shit.  Like, I have never googled so much shit in one weekend.  We were clueless!  My favorite was when someone walked up and asked Kelso if she wanted some Molly and she responded that she didn't know who Molly was.  He continued to talk and it finally clicked for her and she responds with a flustered, Oh no, I don't do drugs.  Yep, we were the old ladies in the open field campground!
The last two weekends have been spent at home, hanging out with my girlfriends, and working on fall cleaning.  Today was a wonderful Sunday.  After a weekend of friends, I did a little shopping and than headed out for a run.  I ran for 15 minutes this week, but it was on a treadmill.  I wanted to test my self on the pavement, and I have to say, I am stoked with the results!  I punched out a mile in 11:31.  Honestly, that's pretty close to where I had gotten myself with speed work prior to spraining my ankle (I am really fricken slow so this pace is bomb for me!  lol).
I finished my lovely Sunday by going out on a date with my amazing husband.  This past month has just cemented the fact that I am married to an insanely awesome individual.  He's a fricken blast, and one of the sweetest individuals.  One of my best friends had a rough weekend a few weekends ago and my husband provided more strength and support than he will ever know.  Thanks babe!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now I will leave you with a fall tip that will blow your mind!
(At least I hope-it blew mine!)

If you enjoy the tastes of fall, here is a simple way to jazz up your morning coffee.  Add 1-2 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice mix to your coffee grounds (this is for 10-12 cups of coffee in which I use 1/2 cup of coffee grounds).  Brew as usual, and enjoy!  Yummy!

No comments: