Monday, September 17, 2012

Lessons...

This past week I have been hitting the gym hard. Training session Tuesday, followed my working out Wednesday-Sunday with the exception of Friday. Sunday I had a bomb sweat session on the treadmill but sadly, it wasn’t because I was running.

 Last week after my few days of running, the good old ankle got a bit swollen and cranky. With some ice and Advil, it’s feeling pretty good again, but I just need to give it time. I have been rotating between outside walks, elliptical, treadmill, and weights. My new favorite treadmill workout is an interval one that keeps the pace the same but jacks the incline up multiple times throughout the workout. Needless to say, I was dripping sweat! Win!

 I also tried to rock some wedges for a wedding on Saturday. The ankle is 100% not ready for that party. I wore a pair of Dr. Scholl’s shoes on Friday with a mild wedge and my foot felt great. I thought that maybe actual wedges on Saturday would be no problem. False sense of hope. I hobbled through the event, and some errands after, and I happily kicked them off when I got in the house.

Needless to say, this will continue to be a work in progress. Someday I will be running with little to no pain/swelling. And someday I will get to put my piggies back in a pair of wedges or heels. I honestly can’t wait, but I know I have to. Now if I could get the eating in check. I can rock this shit Monday-Thursday but Friday through Sunday can end up being a shit show. Luckily I work out to compensate or else I have no clue how big I would be. Ugh, scary visuals!

No comments: