Sunday, September 2, 2012

Pounding the Pavement...

So I am going to slowly begin embracing running again. The desire to pound the pavement, run a race, and sweat till I can’t sweat no more has taken over my brain! I am literally jonesing to get out there.

I have done my exercises, iced, popped a few pills (Advil you sillies!), and stretched the shit out of it. I put on a pair of heels this past weekend, and it didn’t hurt nearly as bad as it did last month. From what I have read on the inter web, as long as I am cautious, and am aware of the ankle (I am thinking I should just rock my brace while I am out running), I should be good to go. And I am smart enough to know that if it doesn’t feel right, then I need to stop. And while I am smart enough to know, I am not always smart enough to do, so I need to really be smart about this (overuse of smart anyone??!?!?).

I ran a few weeks back, just some short stints back and forth on the sidewalk. It actually felt pretty good. I also ran a bit this week, on the treadmill at the new club I joined.  No pain, and hardly any discomfort. I think if I just take this step by step, I should be good to go!

No comments: