Thursday, September 27, 2012

Not this time...

The one thing I don't want is to get lost in this for the wrong reasons.  I don't want to focus all my attention on one thing.  I want to live my life how I like to; Living each day to it's fullest.  I want moderation, I want control, and I want a bit of crazy, unexpected, randomness.  Seems like the recipe to a happy life.  So without further ado:

Today's Weight

It's a slightly dark picture, but that is 232.8.  

I started this journey at 246.  Outside of being prego, I never want to see that number again.  And in fact, I would just like to never see that number at all.  
This is me around 246
With diet and exercise.  I was able to get down to 221 last spring (not this last spring, but the spring before). 
Heading out for a run-Spring 2011

This isn't the best of pictures showing my weight loss but I for sure felt great and I looked great in clothes.  

I have always been a big girl, and I am not a dainty lady.  Even at my lowest in high school, I was 175...that was wearing a size 10 pants.  I think a 10 is a great size!  That fits my body.  Too much lower and I look gaunt.  And with my height, that is right at the top of my healthy weight range.  So at 221, I was already starting to have more confidence and was generally feeling a lot better about myself. 

But, like in the past, I somehow lost momentum.  Thankfully though, not all of it.  Even with some weight gain, I have always had something in the back of my mind telling me what I should be doing.  I had times where I would track what I was eating, or times when I was hitting the gym not stop, but without doing them together, I quickly crept back up to 241.  
The hubs and I

My "get your shit together" wake up call was this past Valentine's Day.  I felt fat and bloated and ridiculously gross.  No way in hell did I want to continue to feel that way.  So I shifted gears yet again.  

Now I sit at 232.8.  It has been slow.  My ankle hasn't been a big help, but it also is not an excuse.  And I am glad I am headed in the right direction.  There will be challenges coming up.  Of course it's almost the holiday season.  That poses enough temptation!  But I just want to be strong.  I want to be healthy, and I want to keep going.  This has been a 1.5 year process, and I am down 13.2 total.  And for that I am grateful.  I am grateful that I weigh less than I did two years ago. I am grateful that I am active.  Grateful that I am motivated.  
Girl got back-that, I want to keep!


August 2012

June 2012

No comments: