No, actually, my calf is doing a lot better...still a little tight, but it withstood a 3.75 mile run yesterday so I think I should be good for Saturday's race. I am nervous though because I did not reach over 5 miles in my training...My calf straight up stood in the way of that. So completing a 6.2 mile run may be a challenge, but it's a challenge I am going to face head on! I have been stretching, icing, heating, compressing. I am really paying attention to my body and hopefully that helps.
Here is my plan for the rest of the week leading up to the race:
Today-walk, stretching, foam roller
Thursday-30 day shred, shake out run (mile or two)
Saturday-Run my tush off
Things I want to remember during race (a letter to myself!?!):
- Those people passing you, let them. Find your pace, and go with it. You are running for you, not them. Do YOUR best.
- Don't start out fast...it will kick you in the pants later.
- Take in your surroundings. Enjoy the atmosphere, the people, and the weather (even if it is supposed to be chilly! eek!)
- Listening to your body. What hurts? How does it feel? How do you feel? What feels good?
- Dream about the bath and nummy food you are going to eat when you are done!
In other news, I have given up pop...I have been getting my fix with Seagrams Sparkling Seltzer Water..the White Peach is ridic! Not sweet, of course, but still just refreshing! And yeah, I occasionally take a sip of my husband's soda, but whatev's...it's no where near as much as I used to drink!
And I think that's about it folks!