Sunday, January 1, 2012

What up 2012!

I had a wonderful time with my family today. Since we were with Chaz's family for Christmas, we decided to celebrate Christmas with my family on New Year's Day. A nice way to let the season last a little longer, something I totally needed-I was just not ready to let go of the holiday season but I think I am getting there. After two wonderful Christmas celebrations, I am feeling satisfied and fulfilled. I am guessing I just needed to celebrate with my family to really take it all in! Just being with family cements the reason for the season and I love that! We had a great dinner, opened presents, and watched My Idiot Brother...a different movie, but I really liked it!

And now, 2012 begins! Wow, it is just crazy how time flies! This year went by particularly fast and I have a sneaky suspicion that this is a fore taste of years to come....boo! But I guess it does me know good to dwell on how quickly time flies but rather on the amazing things I do to fill that time.

Last year I wrote a list of things I wanted to fulfill for that year. I did pretty good with that list, even exceeded in some areas, but it is nice to look back and see what I wanted then, and what I want now. It is also a great reminder of little things that I find important and want to place more emphasis on. I love that fact that last year I put pack less when I travel but just last week I was schlepping pounds of luggage around the airport...some things may just never happen! So, in sticking with tradition, here is my list for 2012.

Ringing in 2012 (List)!
  1. Focus on my amazing marriage and count my blessings. I am married to my absolute best friend and I thank God daily for bringing us together and giving us (going on) 10 years together. I am looking so forward to what the future has in store for us!
  2. Continue to prioritize family and make sure that I stay in touch with family both near and far away!
  3. Continue running and working out
  4. Make eating healthy a priority again
  5. Read more books
  6. Enjoy the last two courses of my Master's education
  7. TRAVEL
  8. Attend more sporting events
  9. Take more walks...it doesn't always have to be a run.
  10. Continue to find good, healthy, tasty recipes!
  11. Work hard at work, and play hard outside of work.
  12. Don't sell myself short
  13. Let me friends know just how much they mean to me
  14. Try new restaurants
  15. Eat organic, cage free, grass fed as much as possible
  16. Tell funny stories
  17. Learn a rock star joke
  18. Go camping
  19. Play cards with my grandma
  20. Live everyday to the fullest...don't live with regrets
  21. Be more organized
  22. Keep a clean house
  23. Pamper my cats even more!
  24. Knit a blanket
  25. Take it all in
Happy 2012 to my family and friends! I love you all and you made 2011 just wonderful! Here's to another great year!


No comments: