Thursday, January 5, 2012

On the 12th Day of Christmas....

On the 12th day of Christmas, I thought I would give you a list of healthy snacks! Cool, eh? Just what you wanted!


  1. Apple slices with peanut butter between them to create a sweet sandwich

  2. 0% Vanilla Greek yogurt and honey...add some cookies for texture (graham crackers or a tasty little treat I like to call a biscoff cookie!)

  3. Special K Pop Chips...2p+ per serving!

  4. Pop Chips 3p+ per serving

  5. Frozen banana, sliced, and blended with some chocolate sauce (1p+ and tastes just like ice cream!)

  6. Raspberries with honey drizzled on top...trust me, delish! (1p+ for honey)

  7. Diet root beer with a scoop of light vanilla ice cream (3p+)

  8. 3 cups light popcorn...sprinkle with fun seasonings! (3p+)

  9. Frozen grapes

  10. String cheese and fruit...add some nuts to bulk it up!

  11. Crackers and light cream cheese

  12. Chips and chunky salsa

Hope these healthy snacks help to motivate you and maybe get back on track after the holidays...I know they have helped me!


And as tonight is the 12th day of Christmas, it is time to take the tree down. I took down other decorations earlier this week, but waited until the last day of Christmas to bid farewell to the tree. It is always sad taking something down that provides so much comfort and joy, but the fact that it is up for only a short time each year keeps it a special, meaningful tradition. So with this natural deadline, the 12th day of Christmas, I will force myself to bid ado, until next December.


Merry Christmas...it has been a special and fun celebration!

No comments: