Tuesday, January 17, 2012

One hell of a weekend...

This weekend was ridiculously busy, on top of which, I was ridiculously sick.

Last week I started to get back into the post holiday health kick. I took my new Garmin watch out for a run last Sunday and logged over 2 miles. I also did Body Pump last Wednesday at the Y...that class rocked! And I ate decent, up until this weekend. I didn't really get off track, but I also didn't track which I have learned can add to sneaky little points adding up real fast. I spent yesterday with my head on a pillow since it hurt to hold upright, but even a headache did not stop me from munching...ah the downfalls of a perpetual muncher. Such is life.

We got almost everything moved into our new apartment this weekend. Again, I was little help as I was dying from the inside out, but I did my best and with the help of some strong young men, we got so much done! There is literally maybe one car load left at D. Lo's...it feels wonderful to not have to do anymore heavy lifting mixed with stairs...although I am sure it is a great workout! Now all we have to do is turn on the tv and pound out unpacking boxes...this part is less stressful for me then the moving although I will get to the point where I just want everything unpacked! And since I was sick yesterday, I got ahead on some homework so now I can just go home, have dinner, and work on unpacking...slowly! I am even going to try to hit up body pump tomorrow after work! Can't lose site of my health!

And this brings me to my last thought for the day...I have my membership till the end of the month...since I am a student, I am able to do a three month discounted membership. I am mixed on signing up for another 3 months. It is costly, no matter the discount, and I am trying to get more running in (when I start running, I maybe see the gym once or twice a week-not worth the money). But on the other hand, I know I will not want to be running on freezing cold days. For sure this summer I will be great with my dvd's and the pavement...I am just up in the air about the next three months...feel free to let me know your thoughts!

P.S. I am going to make the 100% Irish for a Day 5k for my birthday a tradition and do it again this year...let me know if you are interested!!! I have some new running shoes that are ready for me to beat them up!

No comments: