Saturday, May 9, 2009

Taking time to smell the roses!

Today I woke up late. I had set an alarm but maybe it knew I needed more sleep. Since moving, we have been up super late putting stuff together. We seem to get this second wind. In return though, I have been waking up later than usual. And this morning, I didn't even budge until 11am. It was the craziest feeling.

SO of course, I turned over and gave myself another half an hour! ha!


Than, it was off for a little shopping. We are now in the stages where we can hang our photos, but we have had a lack of frames. So it was off to Target to find some frames. And than when Target didn't have all the sizes we needed, it was off to Ikea. I have been there so much recently.


And than it was back to the apartment. Chaz headed off to a friends, and I sat down at the computer to catch up on life. And after two hours of catching up on life, it was time to take a break. So I looked out the window and saw that the sun had come out. I opened the blinds completely, however, that didn't cure my need. So than I decided to head out for a walk. And it was great. The air was a bit cold, but it was beautiful out and the fresh air changed my whole perspective.


I walked slowly through the quiet streets, taking in everything I saw. I peered inside windows, cooed at little dogs, and enjoyed seeing others out enjoying the weather; the area; the fresh air. I realized the importance of doing little things, like taking a walk!


Than I came back to the apartment, ready to get back to work. And this time, it felt so much better. I was more focused, and that always helps!


And after all of that, Chaz came home, and we enjoyed a nice dinner of salad and chicken and now I am relaxing, because it is so important to take care of myself and stop to smell the roses!

No comments: