Saturday, May 2, 2009

Oh if I could go back...

This weekend the whole fam trekked up to Moorhead, MN for Kory's graduation. Some came from the Cities. Some flew from the CO. A few drove from the ND. Everyone is gathering to celebrate this joyous occasion. And while I am up here watching Kory finish her undergraduate education, I can't help but think back to a year ago today when I was experiencing the same things she is!

And I would go back in a heart beat!

This girl loved college. Maybe not the first few months. And there were a few months in the middle that I wouldn't mind trading. But what a fantastic part of my life and I will never ever forget it! And the people that made it priceless, I will keep them close.

College held a variety of emotions. Sometimes I was stressed to the point that I thought life couldn't get worse. And sometimes I was so relaxed that I thought I had life made. But mostly, I loved it all. I loved learning and drinking in knowledge (as long as it wasn't boring! than I just slept!). My roommates were the bomb and I had such a great time meeting new people. And I was blessed to experience two great undergraduate schools and I took so many wonderful things away from both.

Moral of the story, it was a wonderful time in my life and while I may not have felt that way all the time while I was experiencing it, I sure feel that way now.

So to all graduating this month, cherish everything you are experiencing. Most of you will look back with pride on this time and occasionally, you may wish you could go back! Just realize how lucky you are to have had such an experience! I know I am!

No comments: