Saturday, November 17, 2012

Monday Run!

Monday I got home from work a little late.  It was ridiculously cold outside, but I was craving an outdoor run.  I started out and it was already dark (I don't really understand daylight savings time).  My muscles also felt a bit tight and I couldn't really get my tight shins to join the party.  I could have given up right there.  In fact, I considered it.  But I just told my self to get to a mile.  My body warmed up, I started to get in the groove, and I was feeling good.  I told myself the next step was to get to two miles.  After two miles, I was feeling great.  The desire to complete a 5k was at a peak.  I felt driven and motivated and not only did I complete the 5k, I exceeded it by .15 of a mile.  I ran 3.35 miles!  Moral of the story: Fight for it-Don't Give Up!  

IT WAS WONDERFUL!  It felt amazing to be back in the game, to really feel good and happy running.  My ankle still gets a little sore, but as long as I ice it, it doesn't give me to many problems.  I feel so blessed for this!

Even though there are good days and bad; days where a workout fits into the schedule perfectly and days where it doesn't; days where you eat healthy and feel content and days where you eat the cupboard and feel remorse, the main thing is to fight for it and not give up!

No comments: