Friday, November 23, 2012

Friday Five: Gift giving for the active person in your life...

I wanted to share a few pieces that I love having around for not only run's in general, but especially those runs that take place during the chillier months!  Frankly, these are all great for any outdoor activity!

  • A month ago I finally bought two Sparkly Soul head bands.  These head bands are amazing!  I have worn them on long runs, plyometric workouts, and just lounging around.  They hardly move!  By far the best "stay put" headband I have come across!
  • I just recently got a shirt from Gap's Athletica very similar to this one.  I LOVE IT!  The sleeves are long and have a slit for your thumb.  I feel like it add a little bit more shield from the cold and the fabric is great for wicking away sweat.  
  • And you have to make sure to cover up those ears when out for a run.  I feel like if I keep my ears and hands warm, I can with stand some pretty cold temps but without them, I am toast!  I just purchased this headband and can't wait to try it out!
  • These tech gloves from Target make running in the winter great if you use your iPhone while working out.  The texture tips allow you to use your phone while keeping your hands nice and toasty!
  • Last but not least, because these things are the shit, I would suggest a pair of compression sleeves.  Compression helps with recovery post run but can also be used while running to add an extra layer of warmth.  I didn't get what all the hype was about prior to purchasing these but after feeling the difference in my running, recovering and resting, I am sold!  Not everyone has the same results but I love them!

No comments: