Saturday, May 5, 2012

Lucy, you have some splainin to do!


So what a cliff hanger right?  That was fun!  Lol…

But yes, I have not eaten meat for over a week…in fact, I believe I have not eaten any meat derived products…ie. No one died for me to eat. 

But I will clarify, I know there is a circle of life, and I know we are carnivores.  I get that.  Prior to my no meat days, I tried hard to purchase as much grass fed and free range food as I could because honestly, humans eat too much meat and we process it in the most ridiculously inhumane ways ever.  We need to step back and simplify life a bit.  But since I can’t change the world in a day, I figured I would do the next best thing and change myself. 

And here’s the thing, I am not against eating meat, although I hope to reap the benefits of a lower BMI, Lower Cholesterol, and (gasp) less adult acne!  And I may incorporate meat once or twice a week, BUT, I will make sure that it is the best meat processed in the most humane way that exists. 

In fact, Chaz and I have a Groupon for a Lobster dinner in two weeks so I will have to come to some terms by then!  I'm not perfect, and I don't need this to be perfect, but I want to make a difference, and do the best I can!  

So that's the story.  I'm not saying meats out for good...for now yes, but I think I will allow myself occasional days.  I just want to really be aware, and really focus my eating.  

No comments: