Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Knees deep in Journals

I am fully immersed in school work right now.  My course does not finish till June 19th and I had every intention of procrastinating but my teacher had other plans and it totally snuck up on me!  Last Sunday when I went to go dig into my homework, I realized our assignment was about 10 pages of our 25 page paper.  And the remaining assignments all build upon that.  So you, there ya go.  Nothing like getting thrown into a research paper.  But really, it's worked out to my benefit.  I have some of the hardest parts done and can really just build it up from here.  In the end, I know I will be happy, but for now, I am swamped!  Not only with school, but work too...and that's another story, for another day.  But enough about that crap!

Want the low down:

Today marks two weeks no meat.  None at all.

And maybe three or four weeks no soda.

And I am down 9 pounds from Valentine's day.  Slow and steady peeps!  (insert: I will be doing this my whole life!)

I ran a mile tonight after dinner just because I had the urge...but I am taking it slow because next Wednesday I am seeing an Orthopedic doctor about my planters fasciitis (self diagnosed that is!).  We'll see what the professional has to say.  Until I know, I have been shredding away!

I go to Alaska in 2 weeks and 5 days....I CAN NOT WAIT!

I am stoked for a girls camping weekend this weekend!

And maybe a 5k in Alaska!?!?!?  We'll see what the Doc says but I think it would be cool to run a race while I am there.  How often will I get the chance to run a race in the AK?  And for a good cause...suicide prevention.  The race takes place June 2nd.  That will be one year and one day since my best friends sister took her life...so yeah, I would love to run in her memory.  And make some new memories...I'll keep you posted!

That's all for tonight folks!



1 comment:

Joni Bonnell said...

How did you get to be so wonderful? I think that even if the doctor tells you that you should never run again, you should tell him to pound sand and do the 5k as if it were your last. Do it for poo. Do it for Maddie. Do it for those who can be spared. I will then allow you to retire.