Even though the hubs and I rang in the new year a bit under the weather, we had a great evening of watching tv, ordering pizza, and drinking vodka and rum (to kill the bad germs, duh!).
Today I visited with some friends and stopped over at my parents house to visit with them and the dogs, and this evening, the hubs and I enjoyed a lovely fondue dinner with the gram.
2012 was a great year. There have been years in the past, where I have bid them farewell excitedly. This year, it’s a bit different. Sure 2012 had its downs, but it had a lot of great moments too! I visited Alaska, ran a 10k, started a savings account and actually put money in it, worked out, went to Vegas, tried new foods, graduated with my master’s, received a promotion, and spent some great time with family and friends, my favorite being an increased amount of fun dates with the hubs. I watched family and friends get jobs, buy houses, receive promotions, have children. It was an exciting year and while it wasn’t perfect, I quit enjoyed it.
I am always excited about a New Year. Part of me has an ounce of anxiety about what the New Year could hold, but more of me finds it refreshing and new. Not a fresh start, but a chance to refocus, reenergize, and make some goals for the upcoming year. The last few years I have written a list of things I would like to accomplish. Not resolutions, but rather a list. I really enjoy making lists! This year, I thought I would add a bit more focus to my list and try adding a quarterly check in.
· Continue date nights with the hubs!
· See all my immediate family members!
· Run a race that is 10k or over.
· Find a nice duplex and make it a home!
· 10 minutes of activity daily.
· Make someone smile daily!
· Write more handwritten notes and letters.
· Organize my (and my husband’s) clutter!
· Read and Knit more (since I am in a book club, this should be easier this year!)
JanFebMar Mini Goals!
· Run one race (5k around Birthday!)
· Finish a knitting Project
· Try a new recipe
· Take more pictures!
I think that's good enough for now. I look forward to checking back in around March! I already have a feeling I will be successful at a few things!