Wednesday, August 3, 2011

WW Peach Crisp

Oh hello…yep, still here…just been a bit busy. And, well…I have actually just taken some time to relax. And for me, blogging can be relaxing, but it can also be another thing on my already too crammed plate. I need to learn to not take on so much, but I almost can’t help it. I think I have an addiction to “doing”. Hello, my name is Adara, and I can’t sit still. Seriously, come hang out for an hour. You’ll see what I mean!

School is going better. After donating almost all of last Sunday to reading and listening to online lectures, I have a slightly better understanding. Instead of knowing absolutely nothing at all, I at least know a few terms now…like one or two. Do you know we all use the word statistic wrong? Yep, pretty confusing! I can’t even explain it to you it is that confusing. Maybe the next time I have my book open and if I run across it I will fill you in!

I have had a few weekends at home which has just been wonderful (maybe I am learning not to cram my plate full!). I have spent some time with friends, mowed my parents lawn, worked on homework, taken in some movies, and worked out. I took a hiatus from WW the past few months but that is now back in full swing and so is my running! I suffered a bum knee after my half marathon but now I am feeling pretty good out on the pavement! And my new running buddy Thomas keeps me trucking. He runs the same pace as me…SLOW…which I appreciate!

So, thus far on the Weight Watcher trek…I was down 25. I gained back 7? And now I am back down one with my weigh in taking place tomorrow! Wish me luck! I had some gummy worms attack me this afternoon and we went out to dinner for my mom’s birthday but hopefully all the eating right and working out led to something! And if not, while then I just keep trucking! It is easy to live a fulfilling life with nummy foods and that is what I have to keep in mind! So with that, I leave you with a delicious recipe on found on one of my favorite blogs!

Disclaimer: Here’s a really good 4p+ peach crisp and you could easily make with apples in the fall for an apple crisp! I think 6-8 peaches is better…10 was too many and took forever to cook down and even then, they were not as soft…I made with less and it turned out better! OR, if you have a bigger pie plate or pan, use that!

Peach Crisp

Ingredients:

Serves 6

1/2 cup quick oats
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter
10 medium peaches
2 tbsp white sugar

Directions: Cut the peaches into slices and place in a pie plate. Sprinkle 2 tbs of white sugar over peaches. Mix oats, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon in a bowl. Cut 2 tablespoons of butter into small pieces and use two forks or a pastry cutter to mix butter into oat mixture. Cover the peaches with the oat mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.

Nutritional informationCalories 142 , Total Fat 4.3g, Sodium 31mg, Total Carbohydrates 25.0g, Dietary Fiber 1.0g, Protein 1.5g4 points + per serving

http://shannonskitchencreations.com/2011/07/18/picking-fresh-fruit-and-amazing-peach-crisp/

No comments: