Monday, August 22, 2011

Not a shower update, but a food update!

yup, I promised you wedded bliss but I just have to sneak in a little food update!

First, I want to get something out there. I am on Weight Watchers. I follow it as a guideline, but sometimes I have a hard time sticking to it perfectly. But no matter what, Thursday hits, I weigh myself, reflect, and continue on my journey. It may be a slow journey, but I am doing it. I vow to not jump on here and say that I am jumping back on the wagon, or I am restarting up after a break, because in truth, that is not true. WW is always in the back of my mind, even if I am enjoying some birthday cake. And sometimes I splurge at night, and over do it, but my mind snaps me back into reality, and I get back to focusing on what I eat. In general, my 9-5 is pretty regimented...and most of my weeknights, it's just the weekends that bring on the trouble but slowly, over time, I might just get over that! lol...but in the meantime, I am trying to really stay focused in order to drop some lbs. prior to my aunt Kristie's wedding, so here are some of the wonders I have found and wanted to share with you!


  • Fiber One Brownie - 2pp...a great treat to curb a sweet tooth! Also pairs nice with light ice cream! Try this: 2pp brownie, 1/2 cup light vanilla ice cream, 1/2 cup-1 cup blackberries (or any berries for that matter!) 5pp of wonderfulness! Top with light chocolate syrup for a 6pp treat! It will fill you up along with filling every sweet desire and craving within you!

  • Country Hearth Light English Muff - 2pp!!!!!...wonderful with light butter for 3pp, and a dash of cinnamon sugar! Or maybe some Jam for another 3pp treat! Or how about a good old pb & j on English muffin for a filling 5pp sandwich! Want something hearty? Top with one prepared egg and a slice of light cheese for another 5pp sandwich! Ahhh, the possibilities!

  • An assortment of berries drizzled with 1pp worth of light chocolate syrup

  • Light string cheese (1pp) paired with an apple (0pp)! Yummy!

  • 4 Water Crackers (2pp) paired with a slice of light cheese or cheese stick (1pp)

Enjoy! And happy snacking!

No comments: