Monday, November 1, 2010

For the love of America...

Tomorrow is Election Day. It is the day to get out and let your opinions be heard. A day to let freedom ring and come together to initiate change, transform our country and sprinkle a fresh layer of hope across our political system. Two years ago on Election night, America made a huge decision. They chose to give themselves their first black President, a President voicing change, opposition to a brutal war, and the promise of a different future. It is also the night that Chaz Durgin asked me to be is wife, promising a future of love, faithfulness, and a boat load of adventure. I can’t help but love this time of year!

1 comment:

MollyinMinn said...

That is such a great story. My husband and I started dating the weekend before Election Day 18 years ago (I remember because we watched the election returns on our second "date.") So it's a good date to go with.