Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Tribute to the D-Lo


So there are two incredibly funny stories that involve this wonderful lady that must be told.
The first one came about when Kristie and I were talking with grandma. Some how we got on the subject of New Year's 2000, the millennium. We started to recollect where we were and what we were doing. Kristie was asleep, I sat on my parents bed and watched the ball drop with my family, but D-Lo had quit a different experience. She was in bed, much like Kristie, but when midnight struck, her Bose turned on and started playing the Hallelujah chorus. She was freaked right out and thought the world was coming to an end. To this day, she has no clue why her radio came on. She thought maybe someone programed it to, but boy did it scare that little lady. We really shouldn't leave her alone on New Year's anymore!
The next story happened just last week. Grandma had a headache so I left the house so she could take a nap. I forgot my food there though so I headed back an hour later. Grandma was sound asleep on the couch when I walked in. She abruptly woke up and yelled, "Did Hooch throw up?" And than she was back to sleep without waiting for a response. I shrugged this off and continued to the kitchen and there on the floor was a big pile of throw up. I screamed after just about stepping into and woke her up with a, "Yes he did and he's eating it." All she said before passing back out was, "Good, than I don't have to clean it up." Gross G-ma! I have no idea how she figured out in her sleep that he was throwing up but oh my, what a crazy lady!

No comments: