Tuesday, June 1, 2010

mmm....Dinner!

So tonight we had a nam nam nam dinner! Created by me! Granted mid prep I looked at the back of the sauce and realized I was one ingredient off from Ragu's recipe. All the same, this is my recipe as I thought of it prior to reading the jar! It is also pretty healthy, so I must share!

I sauteed five or six chicken breast strips. heavily peppered and salted with garlic salt, per my usual prep.

While the chicken was cooking away, I boiled water for my bow tie pasta. You could use any type but I prefer fun shapes!

Once the chicken and pasta where cooked, I popped a bag of peas in the microwave. With everything done, I cut up the chicken and added all of it to my big pan. That is right! Chicken, Ragu light Parmesan Alfredo, peas, and pasta. I let it all cook together for a few minutes.

Ragu suggested adding Turkey bacon for a light carbonara, however, I did not miss that calories at all!

All together, the box of pasta has seven servings at 4 Weight Watchers points each. The sauce also had seven servings at 2 points each. The peas were 1 point, however, there were only 4 servings in the bag so we probably did not get a full serving of peas but I would not add more. And for the chicken, you only end up getting a few cut up pieces so I would take two points but you could do a whole breast for 3-4 points.

Total meal minus the garlic bread I made (hehe) was 9 points! Well worth it as I am stuffed!

Here is a pic of my dinner with my signature drink! Mix one pack crystal light lemon iced tea with one pack of crystal light lemonade! MMMMMMM....

No comments: