Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Runners Unite...

Tonight I laced up my shoes and headed out for a run.  I ran 3.5 miles this weekend, and I was itching to get out for another run.  That, and after yesterday's events at the Boston Marathon, I thought I would run because there are those who can't.  And while what happened yesterday makes me sick and sad, it is quickly replaced in my mind by all the good in this world.  Sure there are some bad apples, but generally, people fight for what's right.  We stand united, working to help the less fortunate, raising money to cure disease and fight famine, treating others how we want to be treated.  There are so many acts of kindness daily, that it would be a shame to let an event like this over shadow all the good.  We need to fight back and not let evil win.  We can't give evil the satisfaction of our defeat.

As I watch footage, I don't focus on the explosion.  I focus on the medical staff and volunteers who rushed to break down the barricade and help the wounded instead of fleeing in the opposite direction; let's focus on them!  They are what makes this world a better place.  And that makes my heart happy in this time of sadness.

No comments: