Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas in Wisconsin

I know it has been a while, but life has been busy and wonderful! The holiday season has been filled with gatherings and parties and the merriment has been overflowing.

Thanksgiving was great, and it was followed by a party the next weekend at Laura's where she asked me to be her Matron of Honor! Wow, how amazing! I can't wait for Wedfest 2010! I am calling myself the Matron, like Patron, of honor! hehe

I have seen my grandpa a few times this fall and winter which has been nice. Prior to this it had been a few years, even though he only lives 45 minutes away. He let Chaz and I borrow his truck to bring furniture back from Milwaukee this Christmas!

Chaz and I spent Christmas with Terri, Laine, and Denis in Wisconsin. Since they are moving to China, we wanted to spend some good quality time with them! We had a blast! Christmas was as normal as possible, even with all the packing going on around us. We had fondue, decorated Christmas cookies and played games.

Saturday we got our u-haul and started loading up the furniture we brought back to the MN. Denis and Terri gave us their coach, queen size bed, and some other decorative items! Our living room had a makeover!!

And we came back to the MN on Sunday. It was hard leaving the Durgins! Both Chaz and I were a bit teary eyed pulling away but it is such an exciting time for Denis and Terri that we can't help but be excited. Plus, we hope to get a visit in!!!

Thursday night will bring on the New year, and Friday we will celebrate Christmas with my family! So much to look forward to! And maybe a surprise for 2010! I will keep you posted!!

No comments: