Monday, March 26, 2012

A year and a few months...

So, last Wednesday I decided that I was going to go hard core with my Weight Watchers tracking (Wednesday’s are my weigh in day)…I haven’t done that since like, umm, last April…I think. I have been a member for over a year, and I will preface with the fact that WW has been at the forefront of my mind, most days. Very rarely am I not cognoscente of the choices I am making…but it has been a while since I have recorded and kept track of everything. But this week I did, successfully! Granted today is not Wednesday, but there is no stopping me now! I feel wonderful, empowered, refreshed.

I would say that starting 10k training has also probably helped, but I just feel great. In a few short days, my pants are fitting better, my stomach feels lighter, and I just feel like me! And boy have I been running! I printed off a schedule and have stuck to it! Every day! I don’t know why it is so easy to fall out of a habit, and so fricken hard to get back into it, especially when the habit feels good. Yeah, it’s hard work, and yeah, sometimes it is the last thing I want to do, but I have to remember to push through and know that in the end, I will love the results, the feeling, and ultimately, the action itself (ie. Working out!).

The one thing I am good at is not lying to myself. I am very real. I love food. I admit that. I know that. I OWN that! I am never going to question why I am a bigger girl…I fricken know why. I love cooking, and baking, and Sunday Family dinner, and eating out, but that also translates well into my Weight Watchers Journey. I am constantly reading blogs, digging for new recipes, and most of them I really enjoy. They have even become staples in my house.

So I have written before about how this will be a lifelong goal...I have a feeling I will always be watching what I eat and making sure I get enough exercise-and I know I am not the only one…I think I am the majority, and that is why I don’t get down on myself too often. And I know there will be ups and downs, I just want to continue to keep it in check! For life! I’m cool with that! I know what my body likes, needs, what have you, and consistent checking in is the best method for me. There will be splurge weekends, and I know I will forget to track or just get lazy in the future, and I am sure there will be months where I just don’t put enough energy into it….but I am making a goal to never be what I was last December…if I hit that number again(unless of course that is the number I hit when I am prego-but let’s hope I can be healthier then that!), the shits gonna hit the fan!

So that's me...for now...who knows what tomorrow holds but I am pretty sure a run, work, and dinner with a friend!  Oh yeah, and cuddling my hubby!

No comments: