Tuesday, March 13, 2012

My 26th birthday!

I am so blessed. I have an amazing husband. On a daily basis he makes me feel wonderful, beautiful, and most importantly, loved. I have a family who is always there for me, no matter what. They too provide me with so much care and love. I have friends who are irreplaceable and the most loving kitties in the world. I have roof over my head, a job, nice clothes, and plenty of food. I read a great blog post, and it made me think that I too could give back, and make my birthday extra special...for me, and a few other people! Truly, it feels so good to give, it is a gift in itself!

So I didn't do 26 random acts of kindness, but I did what I could with the resources I had. It felt pretty good, and I did it throughout the day to make the feeling last.

1. I brought my coworkers breakfast, at both my Monday morning meetings.
2. I placed the newspaper in front of the elderly man across the hallways door...he has a bad back, and the newspaper is always thrown halfway down the hall.

3. I got a free coffee from Dunn Brothers so I took the money I would have spent and left a large tip.
4. I mailed off a few "just because" cards

5. In addition to a few "just because" gifts
6. I commissioned my brother to bring a friend who had just had surgery a ballon and some soup...

7. And I made sure to send a few extra dollars so he could treat himself, and to thank him for his good deed!

8. I went through my clothes and purged what I no longer needed or had not worn. I had my sister and her friend come rummage through the donations! They found some good finds!

9. I sent a few perky emails, to brighten some days.

10. I donated to a cause that I love!

11. I purchased two gifts cards and handed one out in the diaper aisle, and the other out in the clothes/food area.
12. I made little gift bags for the people who joined me for dinner, to let them know how much it meant to have them celebrate with me.

13. I sent a few "Great Team" cards at work to thank coworkers for their help!

Hmm...13, half of 26! I will take it! Maybe next year I can strove to do more!

No comments: